Thursday, December 9, 2010

Messed November, Blessed December

Where to even begin-

2010 is coming to a close and I'm sitting here on my couch, pondering my life and what it has become. What have I done? What have I become?

Well for one, I finished the dreaded Master of Arts degree.
Two, I successfully managed to manage my severely increased workload.
Three, I was a good wife to husband who had a traumatic near death experience.
Four, I did things to become 40 lbs. lighter.
Five, I have sewn up part of my broken heart caused by a very tragic family death.
Six, I have become a very generous person-the generosity seems to be manifesting itself regularly, unselfishly, and naturally.
Seven, I became very depressed and managed to pull myself out of that depression, even though the beast still haunts me at times.
Eight, I have become a better writer and editor.
Nine, I have become a better pianist and photographer.
Ten, I have decided to stop tolerating and start doing.

November was 30 days of pure, uninhibited torture for numerous work and family related reasons. Much was learned and two sets of skin were thickened. December, granted only nine days in, is already shaping up to be better than the previous 30 days of hell. The month of the Advent is always sweet for me as I recall dear memories of being with friends and family. I feel very blessed in this month to have a new mindset-stop tolerating and start doing. Husband and I will not be able to be with friends or family this Advent season. Instead of become dejected, we will make the most out of our time spent together- just the two of us.

I am fervently prayerful and deeply believe in the power of prayer because I have seen it work. Every single night I pray for my friends and family. I also give thanks for what I have- all that I have. Food, house, car, animals, friends, family, job, etc. If you are ever in a state of self pity, stop what you're doing and give thanks for what you have. Just do it. The more I have done this, the more I realize that I have everything I need, right now. I need no more, I need no less. Not everyone is so lucky to have what I have, even if I think what I have, blows big ones.

I hope that this holiday season finds you and your family well. May light and love be present in your life at all times.

Be merry and give thanks my friends.

Goodnight.

No comments: